The overall tasks of Technology Development are:
- Development of automotive products in order to meet PLDS customer,
and environmental requirements
- Maintenance of the product portfolio to safeguard product quality
and continuous production over the complete product life cycle.
An important strength is the combination of mechanical, hardware and
software design in a strong link with design verification according
to automotive rules and requirements.
The entire development process is supported by the actual quality tools
and under the umbrella of TS16949.
Technology Development is divided
into the following groups:
- Creation of mechanical, hardware and software top-level designs
- Creation of concepts for new products
- Verification of concepts via simulations and prototypes
- Cross-functional work teams of mechanical development Wetzlar and
mechanical group in Hsinchu for new product developments
- Apply methods and tools to enhance design robustness to achieve
excellent product quality and business results.
- Continuous improvements of product and process to achieve zero-defect
- Creation and control of relevant mechanical product documentation
considering all requests of the automotive way of working
- Maintenance and updating of the necessary standards for the development
- Software development of new projects and improvement and enhancement
of existing projects
- Scope of Software Development Task
- CMM Level 2 applys to the Software Development (certified)
- Software Configuration, Subcontract, and Requirements Management
- Software Project Planning, Tracking and Oversight
- Peer Review
- Demonstration development for the actual products
- Design of new Hardware function blocks respectively improvement
of existing funtion blocks
- Prototyping and simulation of new function blocks to verify performance
- Documentation of these function blocks in ECAD according to PLDS
- Creation of new layouts in accordance with automotive requirements,
especially in the area of robustness, quality and EMC behavior
- Creation and bundling of all necessary data to create, assemble
and test PCBs
- Intensive use of Design-, Layout-, Measurement-, Documentation-,
Creativity- and Quality-Tools in order to satisfy PLDS-internal, customer-
and evironmental requirements as well as achieveing excellent product
- Technical Interface to PLDS customers (OEM & TIER 1)
- Technical customer advisory of PLDS products.
- Technical presentation of PLDS products at customers.
- Technical service during design in and application release at our
- Creation and coordination of the PLDS customer specifications.
- Implementation of application checks ( mechanical, elect. hardware,
- Review of PLDS product changes due to the functionality of customer
- Interface and technical service to Automotive Release Labs (P3Systems).
- Continuous improvement of customer satisfaction.
- Global FAE support and global FAE training